Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to assistant coaches as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Prior coaching experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Arizona Teaching Certificate / Arizona Standard Athletic Coaching 7-12 Certificate / Arizona Substitute.
- Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card (FPCC) Teaching Certificate.