- Must complete all OSAA and Klamath County School District required trainings and certifications.
- Must obtain a CPR and First Aid Training Certificates and must be 21 years of age.
- Physical ability to adhere to OSHA and district safety regulations. Work within the district’s communicable disease control plan (blood borne pathogens) and be aware of the existence and potential exposure to hazardous chemicals as identified on the MSDS sheets. Responsibilities include student safety and security.
- Ensures that all teams under his/her immediate direction represent their school in such a manner that their conduct and appearance is beyond reproach.
- Instills a playing style and attitude in his/her teams that causes them to actively seek success.
- Emphasizes the importance of good scholarship and sportsmanship as an athlete and follows up on the progress of each individual in these areas, including counseling those in need of assistance in these areas.
- Represents his/her team and school in a professional manner, and works to resolve differences with officials, scorekeepers, staff, other coaches, parents, members of the audience constructively, and without damage to the reputation of the coaches, teams, or schools involved.