The Health and Physical Educator at King's High School is expected to be an excellent Christian leader, motivator and communicator to youth in the high school setting. This person should have skills to plan, organize, and deliver lessons that are guiding students in their efforts in learning age-appropriate curricular standards in the subject matter. They should be able to design and implement a faith-based curriculum in health, fitness and wellness lessons that are guided by a Biblical perspective and the Statement of Faith of CRISTA Ministries.
- Christ-Centered: We approach our work by faith, prayerfully believing God will do the miraculous.
- Servanthood: We serve our world by meeting needs practically and spiritually.
- Uncompromising Integrity: We are honest, transparent, and trustworthy – reflecting Jesus in all we do.
- Holy Stewardship: We honor and maximize the potential of the resources, assets, and people God has entrusted to us.
- Unified Team: We are One CRISTA, united in the vision to transform lives with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Complete established goals of school, classroom and assignments on time and in an acceptable manner.
- Teach prescribed curriculum and effectively use texts and resource materials provided.
- Plan work on an annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis, and work according to plan. Submit weekly assignment sheets and yearly course plans as determined by the principal.
- Relate all teaching to God's truth and the ultimate goals of Christ-likeness and sharing Christ worldwide. Encourage salvation and the growth of each student "in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man." Keep the goal of Christ-likeness (through response of faith, love, and obedience to Christ) and the relationship of this goal to personal and social wellbeing before the students.
- Guide, evaluate, and encourage students to improve their study methods and work habits.