- Collaborate with content and grade-level teams to promote an environment that demonstrates a love of learning and wellness, and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with students and families based on trust and respect.
- Participate in the daily functions of the school such as morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Attend critical school events such as staff meetings, open houses, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Develop individualized learning plans for students and communicate these plans to families in parent meetings and conferences.
- Meet professional obligations including timeliness and consistency in meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Current Ohio Teaching License or willingness and ability to pursue certification by start date
- 1 or more years of lead teaching experience, or degree in the content area you would teach
- Belief that outstanding school leaders, staff, and teachers can achieve excellent outcomes for all students.
- Ability to persevere with a sense of optimism, strong problem solving skills, and desire to learn and grow in a collaborative professional learning community.
- Willingness, and commitment, to go above and beyond to prove the possible with students.
- Ability to multi-task and work within an ambiguous, fast-moving, start-up environment, while driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extreme flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high levels of responsibility and multiple priorities.
KIPP Columbus is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school for consideration of any position (admission, employment, etc.). KIPP Columbus does not discriminate on the basis of disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 4112.02 of the Ohio Revised Code.