To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student-athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formation of moral values, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Has previous successful coaching and/or playing experience at the high school level.
- Proven integrity, leadership and knowledge of the rules.
- Strong commitment to motivate, teach and model appropriate behaviors.
- An ability to follow the expectations as outlined by the MHSFHA and Saline Area Schools.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold sports events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinate program with maintenance and school personnel.
- Provide documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
- Conduct pre-season parent meeting, (practice and travel schedules, player expectations, special rules/regulations, award requirements, etc.).
- Provide proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Possess a well-stocked first aid kit and adequate water and ice for all practices and contests.
- Maintain accurate statistics, (including attendance and punctuality) records and season highlights.
- Plans, schedules and supervises a regular season of practice during the season.