- Previous coaching and/or competitive golf experience.
- Proven ability to handle administrative responsibilities of a sports team.
- Ability to communicate, foster, and maintain positive relationships with students, other coaches, administrators, news media, boosters, and parents.
- Knowledge of and adherence to MHSAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Successful experience in mentoring and developing a coaching staff.
- Ability to build relationship with local golf courses and work effectively with them to create practice and competition schedules.
- Knowledge of current training methods that are proven effective through research.
- Possess good motivational skills.
- Ability to plan both short and long term to guide the direction of the golf program.
- Must complete MHSAA CAP 1 and CAP 2.
- Must have current CPR/AED certification or willingness to complete certification prior to starting.
- Must undergo a fingerprinting and criminal background check.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Experience coaching Golf and/or playing (preferably at the collegiate level).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.