Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Skills to promote learning of Physical Education and Health, may include Weight-Lifting and Life Time Fitness
- Motivate students, communicate with individuals from varied educational and cultural backgrounds, direct support personnel, and evaluate performance.
- Assess student's skills and abilities to provide feedback to students, parents/guardians and administration regarding academic progress.
- Provide opportunities for students to demonstrate mastery/proficiency in both health and physical education. Support students in receiving waivers for PE credit, following district Policy 2407P.
- Collaborate with school personnel, parents/guardians and various community agencies to improve the quality of student outcomes, develop solutions and plan curriculum.
- Demonstrate methods to perform tasks safely and/or accurately.
- Direct Para Educators, volunteers and/or student assistants to provide an effective school program and address the needs of individual students.
- Manage student behavior to provide a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Prepare teaching materials and reports (e.g., grades, attendance, records, etc.), implement lesson plans and provide documentation of student progress.
- Employees must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms and on the telephone.
- Physical ability to lift 25 pounds to shoulder height.
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb stairs, and reach overhead.
- Ability to effectively manage student transition