Reporting to the Academic Dean, the High School PE Teacher will be responsible for building meaningful relationships with students, implementing a Common Core-aligned curriculum, and working with their grade team to analyze data to drive instruction. This is an exciting opportunity for an educator who is passionate about improving student outcomes by leading excellent instruction and building a positive school culture.
- Work with co-teacher to create and foster a culture where all students can achieve at high levels;
- Implement a Common Core-aligned curriculum through backwards lesson planning and follow school-wide protocols for developing and documenting syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and rubrics;
- Actively participate in all meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development, including an annual summer institute;
- Track, monitor, and assume responsibility for academic progress of students;
- Analyze assessment data, and daily data including exit tickets and Do Now's to inform instruction;
- Set and maintain high expectations by building meaningful relationships;
- Work with Student Culture Team to create individual behavior plans for students, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred;
- New York State certification in subject area preferred;
- At least two years of teaching experience with record of improving student achievement preferred;
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families and community;
- Desire and ability to receive and implement feedback;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences (including colleagues, students, families);
- A commitment to working with diverse populations of families and students.