- Demonstrating Academic Competence in their subject area(s), and displaying an inclination for developing integrated and interdisciplinary work across the curriculum;
- Maintaining a Growth Mindset toward student learning, teaching practice, and personal/collective professional development;
- Demonstrating a high degree of Self-Efficacy (agency): teachers hold themselves accountable for learner outcomes, advocate for their students, work efficiently, and most importantly believe in their ability, the capability of their students and themselves to succeed and excel;
- Facilitating Problem-Solving, with curious minds, and critical thinkers who show a high degree of creative application in the implementation of data-driven curriculum and practice;
- Serving as Role-Models as innovative and creative learners who have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, personal growth, and being on the “cutting edge” of instructional practice and pedagogy;
- Collaborating effectively with a variety of stakeholder groups within the organization and with external partners to increase student performance and contribute to advancing the teaching and learning craft.
- Bachelor’s degree in area related to one’s primary instructional responsibilities.
- Master’s or doctoral degrees in one’s primary area of instructional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and/or recent experience with using age appropriate instructional strategies (e.g. differentiated instruction, project-based learning, personalized learning).
- Ability to utilize, create or develop current technology applications for adaption to classroom and/or instructional use.
- Recent teaching experience, coursework, or other activity in primary area(s) of instruction.
- 5 or more years of instruction in primary area(s) of instruction.
- Previous experience teaching the age levels and subject area(s).