Candidates selected to fill the role of High School Physical Education/Health Teacher at Wayzata High School will be given the great responsibility of continuing our long standing commitment to academic excellence. This will be achieved through the design and delivery of Physical Education/Health instruction that ensures the success of a diverse population of learners. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships and working collaboratively with students, parents, and staff members to foster a positive experience for the entire learning community.
- Must have a valid MN License in High School Physical Education/Health.
- Ideal candidates should have experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated strategies that support diverse learners.
- Must have strong classroom management skills with the ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Must have the ability to build positive working relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- Must be proficient with current technology used to support communication, academics, and student progress monitoring.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with teaching Health 10 and Phy Ed 9 classes to high school students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials; and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and in a timely fashion prepares progress reports. Communicates this information regularly with parents.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
- Maintains a professional day, as defined by building/and contract.