Position requires individual to direct and evaluate the learning experiences of students in both curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Plan and implement a program of instruction that adheres to the district and state philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Develop purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies, engage students, and maximize time on task.
- Employ a variety of effective teaching strategies.
- Utilize relevant technology in lessons.
- Create an environment and lessons that are grade level appropriate to the South Carolina Physical Education Curriculum Standards.
- Assume responsibility for carrying out the policies, rules, and regulations of Horry County Schools and other responsibilities as directed by the principal and program director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Valid or pending teacher certification in the area of Physical Education from South Carolina or any other state.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Physical Education techniques and processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken interpersonal communication skills.