- Current valid Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsement(s).
- Fingerprint/background screening required.
- Experience in PE instruction in a secondary school setting preferred.
- Flexibility and a team-spirit work ethic.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience in differentiating instruction, and supporting students with learning challenges.
- Knowledge of the Colorado Student Standards.
- Willingly assisting the instructional process in its many forms.
- Supporting school-wide instructional initiative.
- Gathering student data through observation, dialogue, testing tools, etc., and designing strategies to meet student needs.
- Supporting student learning through thoughtful planning and preparation and sound classroom management practices Assessing student progress.
- Maintaining updated gradebooks, tracking the data, drafting report cards.
- Assisting in conducting school-wide benchmark assessments (PSAT, SAT, etc) when needed.
- Effectively communicating with school administrators, teachers, student service personnel, parents regarding student performance and plans for improvement.
Manitou Springs School District 14 is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information or conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth in its activities, programs or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title I, and Section 504.