The Physical Education Teacher will be responsible for providing students with a foundation of movement and fitness that focuses on locomotor and non-locomotor skills; strength, conditioning, and stretching through individual, dual and team sports or activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a physically active lifestyle.
- Develop well-structured units that meet state and national standards that develop cooperation, teamwork, and sportsmanship that will promote normal growth and development.
- Measure student progress to encourage the mastery of school/state/national physical education standards.
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, locomotor, non-locomotor movements, individual and team sports, cooperative and team building physical activities to promote all students to be lifetime physical learners.
- Models and leads all students to master challenging material through effort and work in physical education.
- Encourage teamwork as to set collective and personal development goals.
- Valid Massachusetts teacher certification in Physical Education 9-12.
- Knowledge of standards-based instruction
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence, equity, and high expectations for all students with an emphasis on building strengths that students bring to the teaching/learning process.