The mission of Urbana High School, a community of learning, is “Gladly Would We Learn and Gladly Teach.” Under general direction of the principal and/or assistant principal(s), the Physical Education/Health Teacher is responsible for fully supporting this mission of the school.
- Designs instruction considering student needs, ability levels, interests, classroom performance and assessment results.
- Incorporates some content from previous instruction into daily planning.
- Designs daily instruction that is clear, well organized and accurate.
- Plans appropriate instructional activities that require higher-order thinking skills and allows for extension and enrichment of student learning.
- Develops lesson plans based on district curriculum and objectives.
- Integrates knowledge gained from staff development and professional educational literature when designing instruction.
- Actively pursues increased knowledge of content and best teaching practices.
- Selects materials with consideration of various learning styles.
- Seeks resources to enhance instruction.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with certification and/or endorsement in the core teaching area specifically at the high school level.
- Highly qualified status (when applicable) in the specific content area.
- Previous experience teaching students at the high school level, except in the case of a new college graduate,
- And/or previous experience teaching in the specific content area, except in the case of a new college graduate.