- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness; explains and demonstrates knowledge and strategies of formal sports and games, and the fundamentals of body movement.
- Works with the middle school physical education teacher to plan and implement a dynamic, standards-based physical education program, grades 7-12.
- Promotes the learning and growth of all students by providing high-quality and coherent instruction.
- Designs and maps units of instruction and lesson plans with measurable outcomes and challenging tasks.
- Demonstrates instructional practices that establish high expectations, create a safe and effective classroom environment, and demonstrate cultural proficiency.
- Adapts instruction, materials, and assessments to make challenging material accessible to all students, including English learners and students with disabilities.
- Acts as an advisor to a group of students and works to shape curriculum and practice to support the whole student.
- Dedication to the Sizer School mission.
- Thorough knowledge of curriculum design, MA Common Core, and assessment tools.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Physical Education or comparable field from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Highly qualified to teach in the assignment area.
- MA DESE License with SEI Endorsement preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse population of students.
- Innovative team player with abundant energy and proven history of service.
Sizer School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.