- Iowa teaching license.
- High School Physical Education and coaching certifications required.
- In-depth knowledge of physical education core concepts.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Strong use of formative assessment to design instruction.
- Ability to set high expectations and motivate students.
- Strong commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrates competence in classroom management.
- Knowledge of Differentiated Instruction and classroom application.
- Proficient in the demonstration of research-based instructional practices.
- Creates a classroom culture that supports the learning of every student.
- Skilled in the use of technology to enhance instruction.
The Sioux City Community School District is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is an unfair or discriminatory practice for any educational institution to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age (for employment), disability, socioeconomic status (for programs), marital status (for programs), or veteran status in its educational programs and its employment practices.