- Design and deliver instructional lessons to meet curriculum requirements based on state standards.
- Provide planned learning experiences that motivate students, utilize best practices, are inclusive of parent participation, adhere to UCA’s educational model, and are developmentally appropriate.
- Develop current lesson plans (daily and/or weekly) and instructional materials that provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Select and utilize appropriate instructional materials, aids, and supplies that assist in the development of innovative, well-organized units of study.
- Identify, record, reflect on student needs and cooperate with the professional learning community to assess, plan, monitor, and implement methods to solve student health, attitude, and learning issues.
- Work collaboratively with parents to design, deliver, manage learning experiences for all learners.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field.
- Preferred, but required to be eligible or possess North Carolina Professional License or Postgraduate Professional License with appropriate endorsement.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, & the public.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.