To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Illinois State Certification in teaching field.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to function effectively as a member of the school staff.
- Maintains an instructional atmosphere that is conducive to a high quality educational program.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional strategies to accommodate individual differences.
- Provides feedback which includes constructive criticism that motivates students.
- Has high expectations for daily and long-term student achievement.
- Organizes and arranges classroom so as to facilitate learning and minimize student disruption.
- Sets limits of student behavior which are defined, communicated, and monitored.
- Keeps up with current developments, research, and literature in his/her teaching field and the field of education.
- Keeps parents and students informed of each student’s academic progress.
- Teaches in full compliance with curricular requirements of the State and of the Board.
- Complies with Board Policies, Administrative Regulations, and Board-Employee Agreements at the school level.
- Participates on an appointive, elective, or volunteer basis in the curriculum development process at the building and district levels, as is required to periodically review all curricular areas to keep them up-to-date.