The Assistant Coach interacts directly with coaches, parents and student-athletes as a representative of Heritage Christian. He/she is to live and coach in such a way so that student-athletes are led to righteousness in every area of life, and in particular their athletic development. It is the desire of HCS Athletics to be a highly visible platform for the exhibition of Christian character. Our teams play to win, but more importantly to glorify God. We are committed to an environment of encouragement, teamwork, and excellence; not criticism, individualism, or perfectionism.
- The employee must be a Christian with an authentic and a mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ, who agrees to the HCS Statement of Faith, Charter of Core Values and Employee Covenant in both their professional conduct and personal lifestyle. The employee is committed to incorporating these qualities and standards in carrying out the calling to Christian education.
- A daily example of the highest Christian virtue both in and out of school
- Strong commitment to Heritage Christian Mission Statement and athletic philosophy
- Ability to encourage partnerships with parents, coaches, students and other schools
- Managerial and coaching experience
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality.