Responsibilities & Duties:
- Being responsible for all game and practice preparation and coaching at the sub varsity level and supporting the varsity coaching staff when appropriate.
- All administrative duties - including all departmental paperwork and policies.
- Team evaluation and selection.
- Work with the student/families to make certain that they complete all of the registration in order to make certain that our students are eligible for participation.
- Follow all MIAA, league, and school policies and procedures.
- Equipment management, including uniforms and safety devices/materials.
- Working with parents/guardians, booster groups, and community youth programs to establish respectful relationships and enhance our school programs.
- Previous relevant sport coaching experience is mandatory.
- Requires strong depth of sport knowledge and familiarity with the rules and regulations.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and a strong work ethic required.
- Current nationally recognized CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current NFHS Concussion Course certification required.
- MIAA/NFHS Coaches Certification preferred and then required within first year of coaching.
- Additional NFHS Sport Specific Coaching Certification preferred.