Bishop Moore Catholic High School is seeking applicants for the position of Boys & Girls Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach. This position is a seasonal position with a stipend. The role of the assistant coach is to be responsible for assisting the head coach with vision implementation and program culture.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in swimming.
- Assist in determining strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property.
- Encourage sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation at all times.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, and facilities, including protecting students from hazing/bullying.
- 1-4 years of experience coaching swimming.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, opponents, staff, parents, and students
- Must be able to take direction from a head coach and implement the desired vision for the team.
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check.