The primary purpose of this position is to instruct and supervise a diverse group of students by establishing a positive, respectful learning environment, providing ample and varied learning opportunities and promoting high standards of performance for all students regardless of their background and developmental levels.
- Model and teach respect with an awareness of diversity.
- Effectively work with and respond to people from diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Establish clear objectives and create long- and short-range plans for instruction to meet needs, abilities and interests of students.
- Develop and carry out clear, organized lessons and learning activities suitable for students’ developmental levels and aligned with instructional objectives.
- Vary and pace classroom strategies to accommodate different learning styles, actively involve students and maximize student engagement in meaningful learning.
- Diagnose the instructional needs of all students and devise appropriate learning activities for each student.
- Valid Oregon teacher’s license with appropriate subject area endorsement and grade level authorization. Must be highly qualified or able to become highly qualified in area assigned according to NCLB laws.
- Understanding of human growth and development patterns, learning theory and brain research.
- Content knowledge in subject areas taught.
- Familiarity with a variety of age appropriate instructional, assessment and classroom management strategies that reflect current research on best practices.