This position is responsible for adhering to the athletic policy approved by the Detroit Public Schools Community District and the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA)
- Proof of a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent (evidence of 60 hours current credits)
- Applicants must provide evidence of experience in high school and/or college sports, preferably tennis.
- Must have at least five (3) years of previous coaching in the area of applicable position.
- Must have knowledge of athletic procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with scholar-athletes, parents, staff, athletic coordinator, administrators and athletics office.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm/knowledge for leading, teaching, mentoring, and preparing high school scholar-athletes for next level successes.
- Regularly monitor scholar-athletes’ academic eligibility performance, attendance, behavior, training and development of their individual athletic ability.
- Coordinate the use, upkeep, care and submit an annual inventory listing of all district equipment and facilities.
- Maintain and report the season’s scores, records and statistics (before the season, during the season of games and throughout the seasons’ end).
- Coaches will report directly to the building Athletic Coordinator (via the Office of Athletics) in which they will assist with ensuring there is a positive, coaching/mentoring environment, stressing the importance of academic achievement.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship and stewardship.
- Shall duly serve as a positive role model/mentor for scholar-athletes.
- Collaborate with and meet with parents of scholar-athletes to keep them duly informed of the program schedule and activities.