The coach is responsible for directing the football team practices and competitions in a manner that serves the best interests of the school, the team, and the individual participant. The coach must work cooperatively with all members of the total athletic program. Athletic coaches are accountable to the building principal and athletic director for the performance of assigned duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooperate with the athletic director in matters of scheduling and finances.
- Assume the responsibility for the scheduling of practice sessions.
- Assume the responsibility for the care, marking, and security of equipment, supplies, and physical properties used by participants in the sport.
- Submit an inventory of sport equipment to the athletic director at the close of the sport season.
- Assume the responsibility for the conduct of all players and team managers while they are under the jurisdiction of the coach.
- Bring to the attention, through the athletic director, to the administration of any action by participants that conflict with district policy.
- Encourage good sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
- Encourage scholarship and promote harmonious teacher-student relationships.
- Assure that each player has attained the degree of physical conditioning that minimizes the potential for injury before the student is allowed to participate in the sport.
- Knowledge of the sport of football.
- Successful coaching in a diverse student environment.
- Knowledge of the Lowell School District Football program.
The Lowell School district complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender or disability.