- Shall have experience as a player in the sport to be coached.
- Shall have knowledge of coaching techniques and coaching psychology.
- Shall have a basic knowledge of first aid and training techniques.
- Shall be of excellent character and serve as a good example to student athletes.
- Shall be willing to work cooperatively in all aspects of the interscholastic athletic program.
- Shall follow the State of Michigan and the Onsted Community Schools athletic eligibility requirements.
- Shall require adherence to the Onsted Interscholastic Athletic Code for athletes.
- Shall submit proof of the following items to the Athletic Director before the first practice: a. Physical examination and b. Athletic training rules agreement signed
- Shall select and train student managers.
- Shall provide for athlete awards as stipulated in the Onsted Community Schools Schedule of Athletic Awards and Requirements.
- Shall cooperate with the Athletic Director in providing information to the news media.
- Shall work with the Athletic Director and Principal in determining the practice and competition schedules.
- Shall submit to the Athletic Director an alphabetical list of all team members. The Athletic Director will prepare an eligibility list and return it to the coach for verification, signature and date.
- Shall promptly inform the building principal, Athletic Director and parent of any disciplinary action.
- Shall inform and request approval of the Athletic Director before using a parent helper, parent coach or other person who is assisting a coach.