Under the direction of the Hockey Academy Coordinator, the position of Hockey Academy Coach is responsible for providing instruction, direction, and safety to all students in a particular Hockey Academy class. This position is also responsible for subbing or aiding in other classes as well as assisting with all other Hockey Academy functions and special events.
- Understand and comply with all Park District and Hockey Academy Program policies, rules and regulations.
- Become familiar with the structure and organization of Hockey Academy including class descriptions and general information.
- Provide level specific instruction to participants based upon current Park District and Hockey Academy standards.
- Complete all paperwork as assigned including, but not limited to, attendance sheets, mid-season evaluations, and end of season evaluations.
- Begin and end all classes on time.
- Arrive at the rink no less than 20 minutes before class. Be ready and greeting students for class no less than five minutes before classes begins
- Limit absences from class responsibilities. Secure substitutes when needed and complete all required paperwork in advance of missing class.
Knowledge, Skill and Work Experience:
- Participation in previous hockey program.
- Strong skating abilities.
- Completion of all in-house pre-season trainings (done after hire).
- Availability to work within Hockey Academy times. (Wednesday evenings, Saturday afternoons, Sunday mid-day).
- Certification in advanced Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) within 1 month of employment and keep certification current. The District provides this training.