- Assist Learn to Play Hockey programming on and off-ice activities, including check-in, assisting players with gear, rink supplies set up, and other assigned duties.
- Assist Hockey Initiation programs, including teaching skill development stations.
- Support all Rinks hockey programs and assist skill development for all assigned Rinks programs, including rec-league clinics and practices.
- Be a positive ambassador for the sport of hockey and The Rinks.
- Hockey Coaches/Instructors are responsible for assisting at Hockey Initiation, Ducks Learn to Play Hockey, Score a Goal, Little Ducks, Hockey Camps, and coach Rink teams as assigned.
- Hockey Instructors should be at the Rink at least 30 minutes before scheduled sessions and be ready to go onto the ice 15 minutes before players take the ice.
- Meet with the Head Hockey Coach/ Instructor before scheduled sessions to review on ice plan.
- Interact with players and parents before taking the ice.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must have 3 years of hockey experience.
- Can demonstrate on-ice hockey skills.
- Meet all USA Hockey and CAHA screening requirements and hold a Level 1 or 2 USA Hockey coaching credential.
- Must be able to ice skate and lift and carry up to 25 pounds while skating.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong leadership skills.
- Able to excel in a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrate a fun, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Organized; can multi-task and solve problems in a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexible schedule; must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Team player who enjoys working in a team environment.