- Take a lead role for Learn to Play Hockey programing on and off-ice activities, including check-in, assisting players with gear, rink supplies set up and other assigned duties.
- Take a lead role for Hockey Initiation programs including teaching skill development stations.
- Take a lead role for skill development and run stations for all assigned rinks programs including rec-league clinics and practices-support all rinks hockey programs.
- Be a positive ambassador for the sport of hockey & The Rinks.
- Hockey Instructors are responsible to assist at Hockey Initiation, Ducks Learn to Play Hockey, Score a Goal, Hockey Camps and coach Rink teams as assigned.
- Hockey Instructors should be at the Rink at least 30 minutes before scheduled sessions and be ready to go onto the ice 15 minutes before players take the ice.
- Meet with Head Hockey Instructor prior to scheduled sessions to review on ice plan.
- Interact with players and parents prior to taking the ice, be friendly.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Requires 5 or more years of hockey coaching experience and/or skill development skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of ice hockey skills and techniques.
- Meet all USA Hockey, CAHA screening requirements and hold a minimum level 3, 4 or 5 USA Hockey coaching credential.
- Must be able to ice skate; lift and carry up to 25 pounds while skating.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the and excel in team atmosphere.
- Demonstrate a fun, energetic and outgoing personality.
- Organized with the ability to multi—task and problem solve in a fast paced work environment.
- Must have a flexible schedule must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.