- Responsible for planning and implementation of the lesson programs and special events.
- Instruct students on the rules, skills and proper techniques required to play hockey. Must participate in each class and with every level.
- Responsible for recording attendance and progress of each participant. Encourage participants to register for next session.
- Inform parents if any difficulties arise and keep them informed of accomplishments of students.
- Ensure that appropriate equipment is available for classes and events; set up and take down equipment. Completes preventative maintenance by inspecting equipment on a regular basis.
- Be prepared, creative and energized when teaching.
- Provide a safe learning environment; keep students in line of vision at all times/never turn back on class; enforce safety and program rules, policies, and regulations.
Experience and Skills:
- One year experience coaching. Ability to successfully teach and demonstrate on-ice hockey skills.
- Three years skating experience.
- Knowledge of the USA Hockey guidelines a plus!
- Concussion recognition training is required prior to employment and must be renewed annually.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications preferred.
- Flexible schedule to work nights and weekends.