Provides and directs Physical Therapy services to patients within their home. To include assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation. Functions under physicians’ orders and adheres to applicable practices of physical therapy, policies and procedures and state regulations.
What you will do in this role:
- Optimizes the physical abilities and skills of patients by performing or supervising therapy staff in initiating referrals, evaluating and treating appropriate patients, effectively participating in the care planning process, appropriately documenting progress toward identified goals and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient’s family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate.
- Establishes personal patient schedules in conjunction with other team members. Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including long and short-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Develops appropriate home program to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in his/her own environment. Participates in discharge planning. Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices, orthotics or prosthetics.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited program Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements Completion of the National Certification Examination for Registered Physical Therapist License to practice physical therapy within the state Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.