- Demonstrated ability, dedication and experience as an outstanding coach and teacher preferred (if a teacher position available).
- Teaching experience preferred, not required.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Proven success in leadership and working in groups.
- In-building staff members may receive preference in the screening and hiring process.
- Demonstrated capacity for collaboration, cooperation and coordination with colleagues and parents.
- Experience and knowledge in specified sport.
- Willingness to attend trainings.
- Ensure WIAA requirements/standards are compiled along with State & District laws, policies, and regulations.
- Valid First Aid and CPR card.
- Coaches/advisors have the primary concern for the health, safety, and personal welfare of each athlete/participant. The athlete’s/participant’s education is also held foremost.
- Coaches/advisors will treat all persons with dignity and respect, providing a model of fair play and good sportsmanship.
- Coaches/advisors are responsible for assisting participants in acquiring the necessary fundamental skills, rules and knowledge of their activity as well as promoting desirable personal and social traits.
- Coaches/advisors will observe the letter and the intent of the rules of their activity and insist that participants and teams under their direction do the same.
- Coaches/advisors shall not use profanity or abusive language.
- Coaches/advisors will perform their duties on the basis of careful preparation, ensuring that their instruction is current and accurate. They shall use practices for which they are qualified and continually acquire new knowledge and skills.
The Wahluke School District #73 complies with all federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate on a basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorable discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in our programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated your groups.