Stayton High School is looking for an assistant football coach. Applicants must have knowledge in coaching student/athletes and working to build relationships with our community as a whole. This position requires the applicant to have a flexible schedule to accommodate daily practices and contests, including travel time. The applicant will also be expected to assist in all aspects of the program including being a varsity assistant, offseason program development, and summer league. OSAA required certifications and training must be completed.
- Assist the Head Coach in directing and overseeing the development of a successful program for grades 9-12.
- Assists with the organization of practices and the instruction of athletes in the fundamentals.
- Developing leadership skills, positive self-image and pride in athletes.
- Implementing SHS athletic philosophy concerning attitude, discipline, rules and academic standards.
- Fostering good working relationships with parents, teaching staff, other coaches and the community.
- Experience or expertise in other coaching areas.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior.