Coaches must have a good knowledge of the sport, be able to communicate with athletes clearly and effectively, enthusiastically and successfully recruit athletes for the particular sport, and have a good rapport with students.
- Is responsible for attending practice sessions, meetings, and other assignments as may be directed by the head coach and/or the athletic director.
- Is cognizant of the health and safety of each participant, aware of the necessity for harmony and cooperation in the school, and is dedicated to the total athletic program while attempting to instill a desire to win in each athlete.
- Assists in game administration and management as well as follow and carry out recommended techniques, methods, etc., related to the philosophies of the head coach and not to deviate from them without first consulting the head coach.
- Accompany and assist with supervising student athletes on sporting events at TSD and throughout the state and country.
- With instructions from the head coach, provides direct supervision of student athletes in vehicles, locker rooms, gyms, playing fields, dining rooms, and dorms during sport practices and participation.
- Assist with supervising and instructing student athletes and managers in caring for and storing equipment and supplies; maintaining lockers, showers and supply rooms; washing towels and uniforms; keeping scores and statistics; and securing personal items.
- Control key and building security, when assigned, including checking out keys and returning them at the end of the season; securing all doors; and turning out lights at the completion of practice or event.
- Stress good sportsmanship, safety, and the values of athletics, positive community relations and a positive image of the school to students, staff and opponents.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Must have or able to obtain First Aid and CPR certification within one month of employment.
- Sign Language: At hire, the applicant must have sign language skills equivalent to a Signed Communication Proficiency Inventory (SCPI) level of INTERMEDIATE. When applying, the applicant must submit documentation that the applicant believes substantiates that the applicant has achieved the proficiency level required at hire.