Coaches must have a good knowledge of the sport, be able to communicate with athletes clearly and effectively, enthusiastically and successfully recruit athletes for the particular sport, and have a good rapport with students.
- Communicates with student athletes clearly and effectively.
- Enthusiastically and successfully recruits student athletes.
- Conducts regular sport practice sessions for one and one-half hours on weekdays throughout the sports season (except with the permission of the Athletic Director to cancel a particular practice session).
- Teaches the philosophy and fundamental skills associated with the sport to student athletes.
- Accompanies and supervises student athletes on sporting events at TSD and throughout the state and country.
- Provides direct supervision of student athletes in vehicles, locker rooms, gyms, playing fields, dining rooms, and dorms during sport practices.
- Attends all meetings required by the Athletic Director.
- Supervises and instructs student athletes and managers in caring for and storing equipment and supplies; maintaining lockers, showers and supply rooms; washing towels and uniforms; keeping scores and statistics; and securing personal items.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Instructional Knowledge— knowledge of content; instructional methodologies, classroom management
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Effective Communication—the individual must be able to appropriately communicate with colleagues, students, parents, families, administrators, supervisors, and the public.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.