The primary purpose of this position is to perform coaching duties for one or more teams as assigned by the Head Coach. A related responsibility is to assist the Head Coach with program development or coordination duties as requested.
- Minimum age 18 years.
- Background and Criminal History Clearance.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching and Oregon State Component Certification (High School only).
- Demonstrates high level of communication skills and meets District standards for oral and written language proficiency in English, and if applicable, in Spanish or Russian.
- Skill in leadership and facilitation, including problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills for effectively managing multiple tasks.
- Communicates effectively in English in both oral and written form.
- Communicates effectively in Spanish or Russian (if assigned) in both oral and written form.
- Conducts regular practice sessions to improve skills and knowledge of the athletes and team in general.
- Instructs and coaches athletes in performance skills and techniques during practices and contests.
- Models good sportsmanship and enforces appropriate team rules and team discipline.
- Adheres to athletic eligibility requirements, District Athletic Handbook, league or association SOPs, and applicable OSAA rules.
- Supervises and/or arranges for proper supervision of athletes during practice, games, travel, and any related activities.