- Possess the skills and knowledge to coordinate and coach student athletes in team techniques, tactics, and physical training.
- Possess current First Aid/CPR cards. Be versed in preventative health and training standards.
- Meet and maintain coaching standards as determined by the KBSD and the WIAA.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior successful HS or Collegiate level experience as a wrestling coach.
- Demonstrated short and long-term organization and management skills.
- Three current recommendations.
- Demonstrated evidence of being a positive role model.
- Clearly defined philosophy for the level of coaching in question.
- At the minimum 1 year of coaching experience at the HS or Collegiate level of wrestling.
- Evidence of effective public relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and communicate with the head coach, fellow assistant coaches,