To provide leadership in helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem. To instruct student athletes in a specific sports activity.
- Experience in coaching.
- Physical ability to perform essential functions.
- Available to work during assigned hours.
- Understanding of and agreement with the District's goals of an athletic program.
- Knowledge of coaching techniques and human behavior.
- Possess knowledge of the State, Federal and School Board Policies and Regulations regarding student conduct and appropriate disciplinary action.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a positive learning environment for the athletes.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season in accordance with district policy and AIA regulations.
- Manage athlete behavior during training sessions and during meets or events.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and
- Assist the athletic director, when necessary, in scheduling interscholastic contests where applicable.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- Maintain complete and accurate records as required (i.e. attendance forms, insurance records, file accident reports, etc.) competition in his/her sport.
The Maricopa Unified School District 20 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities.