The HS Assistant Baseball Coach is responsible for the development of each student-athlete in his or her charge and for working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow policies established by the Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors, Adams 12 School District, and High School Athletic League.
- Follow policies of Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA).
- Work directly with the Head Coach and Athletic Director.
- Work closely with the head coach to develop and build a competitive sports program.
- Organize parents, coaches, and players for pre-season meetings.
- Supervise practices, games, and team trips.
- Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Responsible for all equipment and uniform issuance, collection, and storage.
- Maintain good public relations with media, Booster Club, volunteers.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Appropriate level of coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of the assigned sport and willingness to continue to learn new ideas pertinent to the sport or coaching in general.
- Commitment to implementation of Character Education and Positive Behavior System.
- Provide instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, strong work ethic, responsibility, team work, sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership, and self-confidence.
- Ability to apply superb judgment and to work collaboratively.