To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in scheduling, providing transportation and requirements for tournaments and special sports events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provides documentation to Athletic Director, fulfill state and system requirements, concerning physical examinations, parental consent, and eligibility at sub-varsity level.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Valid Iowa coaching certification.
- Copy of coaching endorsement (found on the teaching certificate) or a copy of the "coaching authorization" on file with the athletic director. Supplemental pay for coaching may be withheld until such documents are on file.
- Has coaching experience in an assigned sport is desirable.
- Has knowledge and background in assigned sport.