Support The Vanguard School athletic objective, policy of interscholastic athletics, and CHSAA regulations. The school believes that extra-curricular activities are an integral part of school life. All students, regardless of their ability should take part if possible to be able to grow physically, intellectually, and socially through participation. Coaches organize and conduct athletic programs to meet the needs of the school and their participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform delegated duties assigned by the head coach.
- Be knowledgeable of and implement the planned system and style of play as established by the head coach.
- Enforce all athletic regulations and take initiative in making proposals for improvement in the program through the head coach to the Athletic Director and Principal.
- Attend meetings and clinics organized and conducted by the high school head coach, Athletic Director, or Principal.
- Demonstrate proper active supervision during all scheduled activities or student-athletes including, but not limited to, game, practice, locker room, and transportation.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of skill development, training techniques, fundamentals, game strategy, and the rules of the sport.
- Be responsible for the care, distribution, and collection of school equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Coach certification(s) required according to CHSAA rules.
- Ability to work successfully with student-athletes, parents, assistant coaches, and other school staff.
- Ability to perform coaching responsibilities in accordance with school procedures and policies.
- Current first aid/CPR card – must have.
- Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or district patrons.
- The ability to work harmoniously with others.