Support The Vanguard School athletic objective, policy of interscholastic athletics, and CHSAA regulations. The school believes that extra-curricular activities are an integral part of school life. All students, regardless of their ability should take part if possible to be able to grow physically, intellectually, and socially through participation.
- The Head Coach is expected to exhibit exceptional integrity and character at all times while employed by The Vanguard School.
- Be a positive role model in the school and community.
- Establish relationships/connections to kids.
- Actively recruit students within the school to participate in the program.
- Communicate with, seek advice, and follow direction of the Athletic Director.
- Organize the specific athletic program so that is consistent with the CHSAA goals and objectives for student-athletes.
- Emphasize the importance of academic achievement of student-athletes.
- Coach certification required according to CHSAA rules.
- Ability to work successfully with student athletes, parents, assistant coaches, and other school staff.
- Ability to perform coaching responsibilities in accordance with school procedures and policies.
- Current first aid/CPR card – must have.
- Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or district patrons.
- The ability to work harmoniously with others.