- Directing and overseeing the development of a successful Program.
- Organization of practices and the instruction of athletes in the fundamentals of Sport.
- Developing leadership skills, positive self-image and pride in athletes.
- Working with the Athletic Director to develop schedules.
- Assisting in the development of a yearly budget for the program.
- Implementing SHS athletic philosophy concerning attitude, discipline, rules and academic standards.
- Fostering good working relationships with parents, teaching staff, other coaches and the community.
- Previous head coaching experience is preferred.
- Must have knowledge and the ability to run a total program.
- Must have a desire and interest in developing youth programs within the community.
- Must be organized and have the ability to work with student/athletes, staff and parents, in a positive manner.
- Must have the desire and ability to fundraise in order to run a total program.
- Must encourage and understand the benefits of the three-sport athlete.