The Head Coach position is responsible for the development of the athletic program by teaching the fundamentals and advanced skills of the particular sport while following the Colorado High School Athletic Association (CHSAA) guidelines. Coordinate assistant coaches and volunteers with practices, sporting events and administrative duties.
- Supervise, organize and lead practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with the student athletes.
- Supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all sanctioned sporting events to ensure student safety.
- Supervise assistant coaches and volunteer coaches.
- Attend and monitor all practices and sporting events.
- Communicate to the athletes and parents/guardians the expectations involving the sport; practice schedule and games, academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication and sportsmanship.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Follow all CHSAA rules. Follow RCS’ student athlete guidelines.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Director of Athletics regarding practice schedules, equipment needs, transportation needs, etc.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous coaching experience in the dedicated sport is strongly preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications are a plus.
- The Head Coach must maintain a good standing with Colorado High School Athletic Association.
- This individual must have a current or able to obtain a valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Sheets and Google Documents and a database software program preferred.