The Assistant Coach position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach the development of the athletic program by teaching the fundamentals and advanced skills of the particular sport while following the Colorado High School Athletic Association (CHSAA) guidelines.
- Assist the Head Coach in the supervision of practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with the student athletes.
- Help supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all sanctioned sporting events to ensure student safety.
- Attend and monitor all practices and sporting events.
- Communicate to the athletes and parents/guardians the expectations involving the sport; practice schedule and games, academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication and sportsmanship.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Follow all CHSAA rules. Follow RCS’ student athlete guidelines.
- Work with the RCS Athletic Trainer on student injuries and return to practice and play schedule.
- Demonstrate fairness and consistency in all decisions and judgments related to the student athlete’s participation and involvement.
- Attend mandatory meetings, trainings, clinics and conferences as needed.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous coaching experience in the dedicated sport is strongly preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications are a plus.
- The Assistant Coach must maintain a good standing with Colorado High School Athletic Association.
- This individual must have a current or able to obtain a valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Sheets and Google Documents and a database software program preferred.