Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport of Track & Field Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Assess player's skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and keep the Athletic Director informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Develop and execute winning game strategies.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, parents, officials, and spectators.
- Maintain the equipment storage in an orderly condition and assume responsibility for its security.
- Distribute equipment, supplies, and uniforms to players.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the sport and rules.
- Experience as a coach is preferred.
- Experience coaching and/or playing at the high school level.
- The individual being sought must possess strong personal ethics, be a positive professional role model, and demand from athletes a high standard of conduct and discipline.
- Effective communication skills with athletes, coaches, parents, and administration a must.
- Have a current CPR Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to coaching.