Head Coach-High School is performed for the purpose/s of designing and implementing a program activities in accordance with applicable rules and regulations related to the sport; overseeing assistant coaches, student managers, and /or volunteers; providing supervision of student athletes during all aspects of the program; using sound instructional techniques in overseeing program activities; serving as a positive role model to student athletes; and serving as the liaison between the school and program and other schools both within and/or outside the district, the community and various organizations.
- Required: Must meet minimum MSHSAA requirements.
- Preferred: Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate and Previous Coaching Experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attends work in a regular, reliable and punctual manner.
- Analyzes and assesses opposition's strategies and strengths/weaknesses for game/event prior to and/or during athletic events as appropriate for the purpose of developing game plan/approach.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on his/her individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. for the purpose of receiving and conveying information.
- Attends a variety of supporting activities (e.g. parent orientations, recognition events, banquets, etc.) for the purpose of providing information regarding the program and/or recognizing participants' accomplishments.
- Develops a plan of action for fundraising and budgeting for the purpose of maintaining and balancing activity accounts.
- Develops game strategies/plans for the purpose of preparing the team and individual student athletes for the competition.
- Develops team and individual practice regimen (e.g. strength, speed, agility, nutritional, injury prevention, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing and improving student athletes’ performance.