The Head Coach is responsible for the development of each student-athlete in his or her charge and for working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
- Follow policies of Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) or Middle School Athletic league as appropriate.
- Work directly with athletic director.
- Develop and build a competitive sports program.
- Organize parents, coaches, and players for pre-season meetings.
- Supervise practices, games, and team trips.
- Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Be responsible for all equipment and uniform issuance, collection, and storage.
- Maintain good public relations with media, Booster Club, and volunteers.
- Develop procedures for keeping parents and athletes informed.
- Appropriate level of Coaching experience preferred (High School or Middle School).
- Knowledge of technical aspects of the assigned sport and willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the assigned sport or coaching in general.
- Commitment to implementation of Character Education and Positive Behavior System.
- Provide instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, strong work ethic, responsibility, team work, sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership, and self-confidence.
- Ability to apply superb judgment.
- Ability to work collaboratively.