Coaches must have a good knowledge of the sport, be able to communicate with athletes clearly and effectively, enthusiastically and successfully recruit athletes for the particular sport, and have a good rapport with students.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have knowledge of particular sport indicated, to include knowledge of philosophy and fundamental skills associated with that sport.
- Must have or be able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification within one month of employment.
- Sign Language: The ultimate required proficiency level for the position using the levels designated in the Signed Communication Proficiency Interview (SCPI) is INTERMEDIATE.
- Conducts regular sport practice sessions for one and one-half hours on weekdays throughout the sports season (except with the permission of the Athletic Director to cancel a particular practice session).
- Accompanies and supervises student athletes on sporting events at TSD and throughout the state and country.
- Teaches the philosophy and fundamental skills associated with the sport to student athletes.
- Enthusiastically and successfully recruits student athletes.
- Provides direct supervision of student athletes in vehicles, locker rooms, gyms, playing fields, dining rooms, and dorms during sport practices
- Supervises and instructs student athletes and managers in caring for and storing equipment and supplies; maintaining lockers, showers and supply room; washing towels and uniforms; keeping scores and statistics; and securing personal items.