To motivate and develop each participant’s skills, attitudes, and habits that will guide them toward success, personal growth, and good character. To provide examples of fair play, team building, and respect. Provide leadership and motivation to excel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all tryouts, practice meetings, and in-school events, and supervise students during related field trips and other out-of-school functions.
- Assist with organizing practice schedules and rosters.
- Assist with assigning positions to participants, and develop strategies and styles.
- Attend out-of-school meetings, supervise fundraisers, and help students prepare for competitions.
- Coach individual participants of varying abilities in the skills necessary for achievement in Tennis.
- Assist with tracking student performance throughout the season.
- Ensure the safety of the students and maintain responsibility for the security of equipment and facilities and ensure that safety equipment is used correctly.
- Comply with federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy pertaining to medical procedures and student participants.
- Ensure that students are eligible to participate, and that they have had any necessary physical examinations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Idaho Teaching Certification strongly preferred.
- Certification or willingness to obtain certification in first aid and CPR required.