The role of the Head Girls Soccer Coach is to lead and organize the Girls Soccer program at Eastpointe High School. Candidates are responsible for conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in event strategies and techniques while making sure that the student athletes and coaches are compliant with school and MHSAA rules, regulations and requirements set forth.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport of Track & Field Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Assess player's skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and keep the Athletic Director informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Develop and execute winning game strategies.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, parents, officials, and spectators.
- Maintain the equipment storage in an orderly condition and assume responsibility for its security.
- Distribute equipment, supplies, and uniforms to players.
- Submit a list of award winners at the end of the season to Athletic Department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the sport and rules.
- Experience as a coach is preferred.
- Experience coaching and/or playing at the high school level.
- The individual being sought must possess strong personal ethics, be a positive professional role model, and demand from athletes a high standard of conduct and discipline.
- Effective communication skills with athletes, coaches, parents, and administration a must.
- Have a current CPR Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to coaching.